Monday, January 12, 2015

Menu for the Week

In case you didn't know, I homeschool.  That means I have all of my children all day, every day, just about.  We love it and it is the right choice for our family, but it does mean that I am responsible for all of their meals. So, when I make a menu, it isn't just for dinners, it is breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  Here is what I've come up with for this week.

Breakfast:
Sausage patties, eggs, potatoes
Bacon, eggs, potatoes
Hashbrown casserole with sausage, cheese, peppers, green onions
Bacon, eggs, potatoes
Hashbrowns with sausage gravy, eggs
Daddy's Breakfast on Saturday (usually omelets)
Cereal

Lunch:
Unstuffed Pepper Casserole
Gluten Free Macaroni and Cheese with Broccoli
Fried Rice
Corn Chowder
Must-Go soup
Hot dogs and french fries
Whole Chicken in the crock pot

Dinner:
Eggplant Parmesan, green beans
Red Enchiladas, salad, beans
Sausage Stuff, quinoa, salad
Baked chicken, fried zucchini
Pizza- sausage, pepperoni, whatever other topping we find, salad


There are a couple of evenings where we are either eating out or just having leftovers this week.  Also, while I have a menu plan that I post on the refrigerator, it is subject to change if I don't get to the store in time or someone in the family accidentally eats one of the main ingredients the morning before I want to cook it. Life happens. Hopefully this week I can get some of these meals on the blog for you.  I'm really looking forward to eating the yummy produce that we got in our basket.

No comments: